Learning the letters of the alphabet can be a pretty daunting task for a preschooler. But not only is it fun to experience the joy of learning the first steps of reading, but it’s important too.
Having fun with learning the letters of the alphabet helps your child become more familiar with them, and brings them joy in knowing that they are becoming more familiar with letter recognition, letter sounds, and how these sounds start to form words.
Here are some fun, hands-on alphabet activities that can introduce and reinforce the letters of the alphabet!
25 Totally Fun Alphabet Activities
1. Writing letters in salt or sand is fun with this easy to make tray! (No Time For Flashcards)
2. Your child will have to sing their ABC’s to find their way through this alphabet maze! (Hands On As We Grow)
3. Kids will love feeding this monster his ABC meal! (Little Family Fun)
4. Homemade letter sponges can turn bath time into a fun learning activity! (Learning 4 Kids)
5. Write the letter on the sidewalk and then water your alphabet garden! (Toddler Approved)
6. Have fun squishing those letters! (I Can Teach My Child)
7. Introduce alphabet letters in a different way using playdough play! (No Time For Flashcards)
8. Let them ride their bike or scooter down the alphabet chalk road! (Growing Book By Book)
9. Have fun dipping alphabet cookie cutters in paint and making a collage of letters! (No Time For Flashcards)
10. Stick those letters to the wall with a DIY sticky wall! (Toddler Approved)
11. Search for letters in the pool or bathtub (Mom Inspired Life)
12. Enhance their puzzle skills with this alphabet heart match up game (Frugal Fun 4 Boys)
13. Sensory buckets are a great way to focus on letters of the alphabet. Try this C is for Construction site sensory bin.
14. Make an alphabet box filled with all things that start with a letter of focus. (Teaching Mama)
15. Big heaping bowl of alphabet soup, anyone? (PreK Pages)
16. Turn those letters into a fun science experiement with these fun fizzy letters! (Fun-A-Day)
17. Go outside and go on an alphabet dig (Growing Book by Book)
18. Build a Chicka Chicka Boom Boom alphabet tree (Twodaloo)
19. Read some awesome books that go with every letter of the alphabet! (This Reading Mama)
20. Throw some magnetic letters in a fun playdough kit and keep them captivated for hours!
21. Feed the alphabet monster (I Can Teach My Child)
22. Play a letter matching game, Superhero style! (B-Inspired Mama)
23. Kids will love when their magic letters appear on the paper as they paint!
24. Build a tower with letter blocks (Hands On As We Grow)
25. Learn the letters of the alphabet and enhance fine motor skills with alphabet playdough (Learning 4 Kids)