Due to the recent developments of Coronavirus, many schools, including my own are closed for many weeks. And many will remain closed for the upcoming school year. Or maybe you can’t, or don’t want to, send your child back to a brick and mortar preschool. As a preschool teacher, I wanted to create a resource for families who have preschoolers at home during this time. I’m hoping this preschool at home daily schedule will help you guide your days a little bit better during this unprecedented time.
This schedule is just a guideline for how to best spend your days. As a teacher, I can assure you that doing preschool at home will go a lot smoother if you keep a consistent schedule. Preschoolers thrive off of consistency and routine. This daily schedule will keep everyone on the same page, and will help you keep your sanity.
Please remember to make this schedule fit for you. If you only want to do preschool until lunch, that’s fine! If you want to only do 1-2 hours of preschool a day, that’s ok too! Many of you may be working from home, and trying to homeschool your preschooler, so make a schedule that works for your family. No two schedules will look alike.
Here are just a few tips: keep routine, limit screen time, close down the kitchen unless it’s a designated snack or meal time.
CLICK HERE to download and print your Preschool at Home Daily Schedule
- Go Noodle is an app that you can download to your iPad, Smart TV, or Phone and includes a ton of dances, Zumba, and even mediation to promote physical wellness.
- If it’s raining and you can’t play outside, use this amazing yoga resource to get some poses you can do with your kids. Research shows that yoga for kids helps them develop lifelong healthy habits. If you’re interested in doing Yoga via video, Cosmic Kids Yoga is fantastic!
- My Preschool Camp: Play at Home series is a 10-week themed series that includes all the crafts, snacks, and books you’ll need for a fun-filled week. Themes include: Zoo, Lego, Under the Sea, Insects, Ooey Gooey & More!
- Educational Apps: This list includes the top 10 educational apps for preschoolers. Make their screen time worth it!
- For a full list of various educational resources, websites, videos, art projects you can do with your kids while on break, please click on the link below: https://elemenopkids.com/educational-resources-to-use-during-coronavirus-school-break/